Rafizi kantoi menipu lagi. Eloklah dia ni disaman sampai bangkrap mcm Mazlan Aliman.
1. The Member of Parliament for Pandan, YB Rafizi Ramli, is advised to check his facts properly before making any further public statements or allegations in future.
2. Yesterday, YB Rafizi had misled the public that our Prime Minister had said that the cost for the MRT 1 project was RM21 billion for 21 kilometers (km). Based on this, YB Rafizi had maliciously told the public that the construction cost for the MRT project is RM1 billion per km.
3. This is wrong as all news reports had clearly quoted Dato' Sri Najib Razak had stated the cost of RM21 billion was for the entire MRT 1 project of 51 km.
4. In their statement late yesterday, MRT Corp had also corrected YB Rafizi and confirmed that RM21 billion was for the full 51km MRT 1 project, which is RM2 billion below the budgeted cost of RM23 billion.
5. However in a further statement today, YB Rafizi acknowledged his mistake but blamed it on MRT Corp for not being clear in their statements before this and claiming that he had to depend on various news reports.
6. This is despite the majority of the public clearly understanding the Prime Minister's statement to mean 51km - whereas he alone seemed to be unclear.
7. YB Rafizi 's inability to admit his own mistake while trying to blame others is shocking and irresponsible.
8. Although he had previously publicly admitted that his job was to incite the people every day, there is no excuse for misleading the public with blatant wild allegations such as this.
9. YB Rafizi is reminded to act responsibly in future - befitting his stature as a Member of Parliament and a politician. He must not repeat his mistake yesterday.
He must check his facts properly with the relevant authorities before issuing any serious allegations that serves to mislead the public.
DATUK ABDUL RAHMAN DAHLAN
Strategic Communications Team.